Sustainability: Be Part of the Solution
Make a Difference
When you choose A Shred Ahead, you become part of a much larger program to help save the environment. After we complete the on-site shredding process, we work with our extensive network of qualified paper mills to securely recycle your shredded paper. On average, A Shred Ahead recycles over a million pounds of shredded paper each month. According to EPA calculations, our customers saved:
- 22,050 Cubic Yards of Landfill Material
- 107,100 Trees
- 44,100,000 Gallons of Water
- 2,394,000 Gallons of Oil
- 25,830,000 kwh of Energy
- 396,00 Pounds of Air Pollutants
Every Step of the Way
At A Shred Ahead, sustainability is an integral part of our process. We work hard to ensure that our operations are environmentally friendly and minimize waste. We seek out suppliers who have their own green initiatives and share our commitment to environmental responsibility.
Our Sustainability Efforts Include:
- Eco-friendly Consoles – Our collection consoles feature low emissions materials while providing the security and longevity our customers need. Our rolling bins are 100% recyclable.
- Ultra-Efficient Shredding Trucks – Our state-of-the-art shredding trucks consume less fuel per pound of paper shredded than any other system on the market. In addition, our trucks meet the EPA’s low emissions standards through the use of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and B5 Biodiesel.
Make the Right Choices
At A Shred Ahead, we are committed to making the right choices for our customers and the world around us. While our sustainability programs may cost us more, the value of environmental responsibility is priceless. Choose A Shred Ahead’s eco-friendly, energy-efficient processes and turn your organization’s problems into part of the solution for a better environment.
Request a quote online and receive a written price quote within 24 hours, or contact your local office to discuss your shredding needs!